Thursday, September 22, 2016

Survivor Season 33 Episode 1

Thirty three seasons? Wow! I still enjoy the show. This was a good first episode. I like the theme of Millennials vs Gen X. I am a Gen X'er but I don't dislike Millennials. I like their fun, adventurous spirit. Not that I think you can always generalize. Not all Millennials are free spirits, and not all Gen X'ers are workhorses. But I think it will be an interesting season.

For the first time in Survivor history, the contestants had to be evacuated from their camps due to weather. I wonder what their accommodations were like during the storm. Were they in a hotel? Were they not allowed to strategize? Were the tribes kept separate?

I'm glad that Dave did not go home. Dave reminds me of myself - insecure, afraid of new experiences, nervous, anxious. I hope he has the opportunity to have a journey this season - of growth, of self-discovery - and I want to witness it and maybe learn from him. I want him to have a John Cochran-type metamorphosis. I don't have high hopes that he'll be in the game for long, but maybe...

librarianintx 

No comments: