Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Dancing with the Stars Season 23 "Face Off" Part 3 and Results Show

The last pair was Laurie Hernandez & Val vs Marilu Henner & Derek
My thoughts: Laurie - WOW! Amazing speed, professional level performance, and she looked so mature! She is hands down the favorite to win this competition. Marilu's tango was much slower, but she should still be proud; she danced a proper tango. It was not an even match up, but who can you pair Laurie with this season? No one comes close to her yet, in my opinion, but I think Marilu was the best option at this point.
Scores: Laurie: 7, 8, 8, 8 Carrie Ann graded her down because they did a lift. So frustrating. Doing a lift was obviously Val's decision; he's the professional and the choreographer. But Laurie is given a lower score because of Val. Ugh! Val, you know that lifts aren't allowed in a tango, so why did you put one in? This was not an instance where her feet came off the floor and you could hope that eagle-eyed lift-maniac Carrie Ann wouldn't notice. This was a moment-for-all-to-marvel-at type of lift. When immunity is on the line, you're going to take a chance like that? But I guess you knew that she is good enough and popular enough to be safe. She deserved 8's across the board though. Because Val put in a lift, Laurie was robbed of the high score of the night; that honor went to Calvin Johnson Jr.
Marilu: 7, 7, 7, 7.
No surprise here. Laurie is safe.

I fast forwarded through most of the results show. I'm sorry, I don't have time for filler, and again, this show was mostly a re-hash of Monday night. But I have to say I LOVED Val and Mak's dance! FAN-tastic! And I very happily said "bye bye" to Rick Perry! Sorry you got yet another lemon, Emma!

librarianintx

No comments: