Monday, September 26, 2016

Dancing with the Stars Season 23 "Face Off" Part 2

Terra Jole & Sasha vs Calvin Johnson Jr & Lindsay
My thoughts: I enjoyed both Viennese Waltzes. I thought Terra and Sasha had a beautiful flow of movement across the floor. I love the song too. It all worked for me. Calvin & Lindsay's dance was a little choppy, but kudos to him for attempting reverse turns, and I think the dance had a lot of passion and fire. This is a tough one. In terms of dancing a proper Viennese Waltz, I would give the edge to Terra & Sasha. 
Scores: 8, 7, 8, and 7 for Terra & Sasha
8, 8, 8, and 8
Wow! Congrats to Calvin! 

Maureen McCormick & Artem vs Amber Rose & Maks
I still expected Amber to  be better, but I did see some improvement tonight. I mean, c'mon, she was dancing to "Big Booty." She has all the assets to be a success at this salsa. And she's dancing with Maks, Mr. Fine!! I saw some flashes of shaking it and owning it. But I still wanted more. Maureen & Artem danced a more traditional salsa, most of which was partnering work and in hold. The two dances were so different that it's hard to judge them. Amber's was a like a street salsa, while Maureen's was more of a ballroom salsa. I liked them both for different reasons, but I think I have to say that overall Maureen's was better. 
Scores: 7, 6, 6, and 6 for Amber & Maks
7, 7, 7, and 7 for Maureen & Artem
Maureen won! She's safe!

Darn, I got too far behind! I'll have to recap the last pairing later!

librarianintx

No comments: