Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Dancing with the Stars Season 23 First Results Show

There is only one word that can adequately describe last night's results show:
FILLER

What was the point of that episode? To waste the fans' time? I'm sorry, but honestly, that show could have been thirty minutes long and then it would have been relevant and worth watching. Why do I want two hours of rehashing the dances with Bruno's sound effects in the background? The two musical performances were good, and I enjoyed the dance with Maks, Cheryl, and Derek, but otherwise, there was nothing new in the episode. I love the show, but I have A LOT of shows to watch this season. I don't have time for two hours of DWTS filler every Tuesday night. If there is going to be a results show, make it one hour at the most, and make it worth watching - meaning performances that we haven't already seen.

As far as who went home - I'm not surprised. The worst dancer rarely goes home in the first week. Rick Perry will likely stick around for another week or two, while dancers with somewhat more potential but smaller fan bases will go home. I'm sure JT Austin has a large fan base; he's a young, male Disney star. But young kids and tweens don't watch "Dancing with the Stars." That fact combined with two weeks of sub-standard dancing resulted in him being the first contestant eliminated from the ballroom.

librarianintx

No comments: