Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Perseverance and motivation

I was proud of myself yesterday.
I don't say that often, but I should say it more.

Even though I didn't feel well, I was motivated to take care of myself.
I got up early enough to do my morning routine - shower, wash my hair, skin care, etc.
I dressed warmly against the early cold snap - one of my new hoodies, heavy coat.
I did my balance exercises when I first arrived at work. (I have been lax about my balance exercises for weeks.)
I took all my medicine.
I drank a full glass of liquid while I was at work. It was Gatorade, not water, but at least I was somewhat hydrated.
I ate a good amount of protein. 

There were times in the day when I was feeling weak and shaky, and that always makes me nervous, because I get scared I won't be able to work or take care of myself.
But when it happens I try to remind myself that the feelings have always been temporary.
I feel bad, and then I feel better.
So far I always improve.

Hopefully taking care of myself will continue to help the situation.
And remembering to live life one day at a time.

librarianintx

No comments: