Monday, November 12, 2018

30 Days of Gratefulness - Day 12 - texture

What texture am I grateful for?

Definitely soft.
I am not a fan of scratchy.
I do not like wool.
I think I might be allergic to it.
When I used to wear wool pullover sweaters, I found it difficult to breathe as the fabric went over my head.

Since we're having a cold snap this week (by Texas standards), my favorite things are the five new hoodie sweatshirts I bought - plus all the other zip-up hoodies and sweaters I have. All of the hoodies are soft and warm, lined with fleece. Ahhhh. They feel so good. I love being bundled up in my hoodies. I don't like having to wear a coat because it's heavy and restricts my movement, but my hoodies are awesome!

I have more than 25 hoodies, jackets, and sweaters. Excessive? Probably. But I wear all of them, even the one that is my least favorite because I don't like the color much. Three of my jackets are heavier than the others, so I wear them when it is coldest. Some of my hoodies have writing on them and some don't. All of them have pockets. Pockets are a must. And the zipper has to work too. I give away a hoodie, jacket, or sweater if the zipper stops working, or becomes too difficult for me to manage.

I have just about every color of hoodie, jacket, or sweater that you can think of - except orange. My least favorite hoodie is kind of salmon-colored. It is NOT orange. I thought it was pink, but it's not. But that's okay. I have two dark pink hoodies, one light pink hoodie, and a light pink zip-up sweater. I also have dark pink and light pink lightweight sweaters. In addition, I have a light pink button-down shirt that I could wear as a light-weight jacket. I have a lot of clothes! :)

The library where I work is always cold, even in the summer, so my hoodies and sweaters get used year round. My roommate gave me the nickname sweater girl years ago, because I'm cold-natured and almost always have a sweater with me. In the summer I wear a light-weight sweater or jacket on the way to work, because sometimes the air conditioner is running in the vehicle, then put on a heavier jacket or sweater when I get to the library. I call this process my "Mr. Rodgers technique," although I only change sweaters, not shoes too. :)

librarianintx

No comments: