Monday, November 19, 2018

30 Days of Gratefulness - Day 16 - body

What about my body am I grateful for?

As I said in an earlier post, I'm simply grateful that at my age, given my health conditions, I'm grateful that my body works as well as it does. Otherwise, there isn't anything that I like about my body. I don't have a favorite body part or attribute. I used to like my hair, but not anymore. I can't think of anything that's good about my body. There is a lot I want to improve, but I'm not undergoing plastic surgery or shelling out money for unnecessary procedures just to look better. And unfortunately my body just isn't going to work the way the most people's do. I'm always going to struggle to walk and to comb my hair and to reach for things, etc. Unless I am cured of multiple health conditions.

So I simply endeavor to be grateful for what I can do, and hold on to as many abilities as I can. I am scared every day of losing the abilities that make me as independent as I am.

librarianintx

No comments: