Sunday, November 11, 2018

30 Days of Gratefulness - Day 10 - taste

What taste am I grateful for?

Okay - 100% honesty, and not trying to say something healthy and beneficial.
Let's face reality -
I'm grateful for chocolate.

I'm grateful for healthy food too - and I try to eat healthy - although I think the notion of healthy food can be subjective. For example, I think dairy products are healthy, but some people would disagree with me. I think chicken and fish are healthy proteins, but vegetarians and vegans would not agree.

Anyway, yes, I'm grateful for chocolate. I enjoy the taste of chocolate. I like the feeling of eating chocolate - the endorphins or whatever that are released when I eat chocolate.

But I am trying to cut down on sugar.
I don't think I will ever eliminate sugar from my diet.
But I have cut down.

I'm happy that there are more sugar-free and low sugar products out there.
I eat chocolate cookies that are made without refined sugar.
If you're interested, the brand is called Enjoy Life
I also eat dark chocolate pudding and dark chocolate candy that is made with sugar alcohol instead of sugar.

I still occasionally eat cookies, cake, ice cream, donuts, and other foods made with sugar.
But sometimes if someone brings sugary foods to work, I can eat a few pieces of my sugar-free candy, and that keeps me away from the other stuff. My sugar cravings can be satisfied that way.

I don't feel like I'm addicted to chocolate.
I don't eat it every day.
But I do enjoy it.

librarianintx

No comments: