Monday, April 03, 2017

Week Three of Sugar Journal

I didn't do great, but I could have done worse.
Did I say that in week two also?

I drank 8 ounces of apple juice three days this week.
I ate low sugar cookies most, but not every day this week.
I enjoyed a mini cupcake last Monday.
And on Saturday I indulged in three bites of red velvet cheesecake. A friend took me out for a late birthday dinner. When she told the waiter that we were going to share a dessert, I told her that I was trying to cut back on sugar so I would only eat a bite or two. I would have been fine if she had said, "Okay, we won't order dessert." But she did order it, so I felt I had to take a few bites. Of course it was delicious. :)
I also ate something called a beaver nugget. Beaver nuggets are sold in big bags at Buc-ees, an awesome convenience store in central Texas. I'd never heard of beaver nuggets until Saturday. A beaver bugget tastes kind of like and resembles captain crunch cereal, but drenched in maple syrup. It was instantly addictive, like crack, but I only ate one. So that was my success of the week - limiting myself to one beaver nugget.

librarianintx

No comments: