Monday, April 10, 2017

Deciding to be Happy


I firmly believe in this. Happiness is a conscious choice. There are people who have everything that anyone could want in life, yet they are unhappy on a daily basis. And then there are people who are struggling who are the most optimistic people that anyone could know. How you react to what happens to you can make all the difference in the world.

How you were raised has a lot to do with how resilient you are, in my opinion. But resiliency can be learned. It's not easy, but it is possible.

Today is Monday. A lot of people do not like Mondays. You're tired from the weekend. You don't want to go to work or to school. You're tired and cranky and you don't want to get out of bed. You don't want to talk or be around anyone. You're fuzzy and having a hard time focusing and you're convinced that everything will go wrong today and you will be completely unproductive. You can continue on in that vain and have a crappy day. Or you can turn things around. One of the best ways to do that is to focus on gratefulness. Gratefulness is one of the keys to resiliency and purpose. Here's a list of gratefulness for this Monday:

1) I'm alive.
2) I have a job (or I get to attend school).
3) I have food to eat, clothes to wear, and a roof over my head. I'm not homeless or starving.
4) I'm healthy (for the most part.)
5) I have people who love and care about me (even if I'm feeling a little lonely).
6) I don't live in a war zone.

Bottom line:
I have the power to make this a good day. 
I can be a success if I put my mind to it. 
And I can define success however I choose to.

I have purpose in my life. 
There is a reason that I am here.   

I hope everyone has a happy, successful Monday!

librarianintx 

No comments: