Tuesday, April 18, 2017

DWTS Disney Nite recap Part 2

Bonner & Sharna
Tango - Wreck it Ralph
It took them a long time to start dancing. The music was an odd choice for a Tango, which threw me off. Sharna's costume was distracting. I wanted more Tango content. But it was a fast and tight dance. Bonner's partnering skills are still strong. It was just an okay routine for me though. I'm not familiar with Wreck it Ralph so that's probably why I didn't connect with the performance as much.
Len: "You didn't take the easy way out" (He disagreed with me, and thought there was a good amount of Tango content. Okay.)
Julianne: "You came to life"
Bruno: "You did not wreck the Tango"
Carrie Ann: "technique was good, but needed more dynamics"
Scores: 7, 8, 8, 7
My score: 7

Normani & Val
Hold up, they are in jeopardy?!?! WTF!?
Paso Doble - Mulan - "I'll Make a Man Outta You"
Take that, DWTS voters!! Wow! Incredible! Passionate, fierce, powerful, blazing speed, I loved the martial arts aspects! Normani reminded me of Mel B. during her Paso, although Mel B dancing to En Vogue's "Free Your Mind" was a much better song vocally for the Paso than Donny Osmond. NO WAY that Normani deserves to be in jeopardy. But I do have to admit that this is a very strong, competitive season. Simone, Heather, Nancy, Normani, and Rashad all have the talent to make it to the finale. But there's only room for three. Anyway, that was a terrific, exciting, powerhouse of a Paso! Normani slayed it! And Val's "man bun" was awesome - very martial arts AND 2017!
Julianne: "that was brilliant"
Bruno: "power, attack, precision, artistry"
Carrie Ann: "perfection"
Len: "I enjoyed watching it"
Scores: 10, 9, 10, 10
My score: 10

David & Lindsay
Jive - Cars III - "Rise"
Extra dancers - ugh!
But I have to give David a big "A" for effort. He really tried hard, and he almost had it. His kicks and flicks were actually quite good, and he had a sexy move or two with Lindsay, who once again rocked a smokin' hot jumpsuit. Jumpsuits should be required attire for that Mormon girl. But David couldn't quite achieve the bounce of the Jive. He lacked the energy and the musicality. But dang I thought he was close. Good try baseball dude!
Carrie Ann: "you didn't miss a step"
Len: "high energy, full on" (mmm, okay...)
Julianne: "your top half was exceptional"
Scores: 7, 7, 8, 7
My score: 7

Nancy & Artem
Jazz - Enchanted - "That's How You Know"
AAARRRGGG, all those extra dancers!! WHY!?!?!? There were too many, and why were there any in the first place? Nancy didn't need them, and they made her nervous and insecure and second guess herself and her ability, so why put her through that? The dance should have been about her and Artem, period. They make magic together, they have wonderful chemistry, just let them dance!!
BREATHE
The good news is, it was still a magical performance. It was sweet, whimsical, with wonderful musicality. And even with all those extra dancers, Nancy was the star. She may have been insecure during rehearsals, but she didn't let any worry or negativity show through in the live performance. She smiled that Nancy Kerrigan grin and sailed around that dance floor like she owned it. Which she did during that routine. Good for you, Nancy!
Carrie Ann: "princess-like, exuberant"
Len: "joyful"
Julianne: "I was caught up in the moment"
Bruno: "You held your own" (Damn right she did!)
Scores: 9, 9, 9, 9
My score: 9

Simone & Sasha
Contemporary - Moana - "How Far I'll Go"
This was a fantastic routine! I liked the African Jazz elements infused with the Contemporary style. Obviously Simone is mega athletic, and Sasha put her extreme gymnastic skills to excellent use in this performance. And Sasha was able to keep up with her. They threw everything in - lifts, tricks, somersaults, spins, sprints,- it was an exciting, high-energy, spectacular performance. And Simone's rather skimpy costume managed to stay on through all those tricks and somersaults.
Len: "the routine floated my boat"
Julianne: "showcased your gymnastics"
Bruno: "triumphant, magic"
Carrie Ann: "uplifting, high energy"
Scores: 9, 9, 10, 10
My score: 10

So all in all, Disney Nite was pretty good for me. Erika & Gleb were eliminated. It was the right decision. They are the weakest couple. But I'm glad she left after her best routine in the competition.

End of Part 2

librarianintx


No comments: