Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Dancing with the Stars Vegas Nite Part 2

Nancy & Artem
Samba - Ricky Martin's "Shake Your Bon Bon"
Okay, yes, it could have been down and dirtier, but she definitely shook her bon bon! I love Nancy and Artem together. I'm sure she was nervous, but she had that Nancy Kerrigan smile on her face. She looked very sexy in that Samba dress, and she had some great moves. I liked how she kept moving her hand over her hair and down the side of her face; that was a seductive gesture. It was a bit clean and precise for a Samba, but I thoroughly enjoyed it (even with the extra dancers.) Artem was elated - both with Nancy's performance, and the encounter with Ricky!
Bruno: "saucy! a proper Samba!"
Carrie Ann: "You had the bounce!"
Len: "best dance this season" (!!)
Julianne: "one of the best Sambas I've seen on this show" (!!)
Fantastic reviews; better than I expected!
Scores: 8, 9, 8, 8
My score: 8 (almost a 9!)

David & Lindsay
Jazz - from "Magic Mike the Musical"
It was a weird balance of sexy and comedy, but I was entertained. Lindsay looked KILLER in her black jumpsuit. David had some hot moves, but the red boxers reveal killed the sexy for me and sent the routine more in a comedy direction. But there was definite improvement from the hot mess of last week, and I was impressed with the lift. So it was a bit schizophrenic for me, but overall I liked it. I could tell that David did his homework when he visited the musical.
Carrie Ann: "super Dave!"
Len: "fun and entertaining:
Julianne: "major props"
Scores: 8, 7, 8, 8
My score: 7

Erika & Gleb
Jive
It was NOT fair that extra dancers did TWO lifts with Erika. This is NOT the freestyle round of the finale! Anyway, she looked good, but the Jive is not her dance. She didn't have the bounce, the rhythm, or the balance needed for this dance. But she at least attempted the kicks and flicks, and she did her best to sell the routine. I have to give her credit for trying. And I appreciate her humbleness this week.
Len: "gave it your all"
Julianne: "content for days"
Bruno: "bendy and stretchy"
Carrie Ann: "out of sync"
Scores: 6, 7, 7, 6
My score: 6

Rashad & Emma
Samba
YASSS!
Hip action for days!
Samba rolls, which are so tough to do!
Great bounce!
Musicality!
Off the charts sex appeal and chemistry! They looked like the stars of an R&B music video.
I wish Rashad had been shirtless like he was in rehearsal, but I realize I can't have everything.
In summary: SMOKIN'!!
Unfortunately, the judges disagreed with me.
Julianne: "the song worked against you"
Bruno: "natural ability but not as clean or precise"
Len liked the mood and setting.
Scores: 7, 7, 7, 7
My score: 8
When I watched it a second time, I can understand what the judges are saying. I think Rashad and Emma were a bit out of sync. But it still worked for me. I stand by my score.

Normani & Val
Foxtrot - "Big Spender"
She was 10,000 kinds of hot in that red dress, and OMG, what a Foxtrot! Fast, sharp, precise, classy, sexy, musicality out the yin yang...this routine gets a YASSS from me as well! I wasn't thrilled with the table part at the end though; I thought it threw off their rhythm just a bit and it didn't give Normani the big finish that she deserved in this dance. Val leaped off the table, but she just laid down on it. If she had jumped into his arms, that would have been way better. So the end was a disappointment, but the rest of the performance was first rate!
Bruno: "big splendor! Fabulous - best of the night!"
Len: "full of joy"
Julianne: "Broadway" (that was a compliment)
But Carrie Ann was the lift police (booooo!!)
Scores: 8, 8, 9, 9
My score: 9 (It might have been a 10 if the end had been more exciting)

Charo & Keo and Nick & Peta were the bottom two couples.
Charo & Keo were eliminated.
Poor Keo! Please, DWTS, next time give him a celebrity that can dance and won't cause a scene nearly every week! 

Once again, I LOVED Vegas week!
Let's do this theme again next season, dance fans! Fingers crossed!

End of part 2

librarianintx

No comments: