Tuesday, April 11, 2017

DWTS Most Memorable Year Nite Part 2

David & Lindsay
Viennese Waltz
It was too choppy for a Viennese Waltz. He didn't achieve the ease and flow of movement that he needed for a successful routine. He tried, but just didn't quite make it. But it was a nice dance, and I loved his big smile. His partnering skills were decent; he just didn't have the technique down.
Julianne: "a little squatty and skippity"
Bruno: "wonderfully dynamic"
Carrie Ann: "skipping and hopping" but she loved the enthusiasm
Len gave him baseball signals (??)
Scores: 7, 8, 8, 8
My score: 6 (Reminder: I'm "judging" the dance.)

Rashad & Emma
Contemporary
Excuse me while I finish my bawling.
I can't even see what I'm writing (from my notes last night).
Deep breath.
I thought a few spots were a little rough. They almost missed hands at one point, they baubled or hesitated on a transition here and there. But it was still a powerful, stunning routine. The lifts were superb. The emotional content was even stronger than the technique, but even with the few hiccups the technique was excellent. It was one of those routines that stay with you. It spoke to me; it moved me. And to lighten the mood for a minute, thank you to the wardrobe department for Rashad's barely there shirt. :)
Bruno: "I was mesmerized"
Carrie Ann: "You are a born dancer"
Len: "fantastic - wonderful lyrical movement"
Julianne: "I have no words for what you just did"
Scores: 10, 9, 10, 10 (!!)
My score: 9
And can I add how beautiful his humility is! His comments after the critique made me bawl again.

Erika & Gleb
Cha Cha
She looked smokin hot in that bustier, and she looked like she was having fun. It wasn't a bad performance. But it could have been better. She was too stiff and hesitant. She needed to relax and go for it. She could have danced it better; I think she has the ability to give a more dynamic performance than that. Something was holding her back. She let her nerves get to her or something. 
Carrie Ann: "pushed her past her boundaries" (I don't agree)
Len: "same old same old"
Julianne: "needed more hip action"
Bruno: "got it and flaunted it - but needed to refine it"
Scores: 8, 7, 7, 8
My score: 7

Simone & Sasha
Viennese Waltz
That was an excellent Viennese Waltz - grand, sweeping, flowing, powerful, but also tender, graceful, delicate. They look so good together; they are well-matched height-wise. Technically, it was the best dance of the night, although it wasn't my favorite dance of the night. Sasha's choreography was on point.
Len: "your best dance"
Julianne: "do this every single time"
Bruno: "beautiful"
Carrie Ann: "you trusted your partner" (I agree. It was their best dance as partners)
Scores: 9, 9, 9, 9
My score: 9

Bonner & Sharna
Foxtrot
I liked the beginning with the "invisible" cowboy. I really liked the music too.
Bonner had a good frame and good partnering skills. Next to Rashad, he easily has the best partnering skills among the guys this season.
At times the dance seemed a little slower than the music. But overall I thought it was a solid routine.
Julianne: "ballroom suits you"
Bruno: "new leading man"
Carrie Ann: "fluidity, honest integrity and authenticity...effortless dignity" (Carrie Ann had the best comments of the night!)
Len: "welcome to the competition"
Scores: 8, 8, 8, 8
My score: 8

Mr. T & Kym and Erika & Gleb were in jeopardy, and Mr. T & Kym were eliminated. Sad face, but it was the right decision. We love you Mr. T!

This was a tremendous night of dancing and personal stories. Thank you DWTS!

End of Part 2

librarianintx

No comments: