Friday, April 10, 2020

"Living Under the Threat" - The best laid plans 4/10/20

Today was going to be a very successful day.

I was going to get a lot of work done.

I was going to do a bunch of chores too:
laundry
run the dishwasher
maybe even vacuum.

I was expecting deliveries too. I would need to put away groceries and things.

And I had planned to do my exercises and get a walk in.
I wasn't going to wait until the end of the day to do that.

And I was going to drink more water and take my medicine on time.

The best laid plans.

Life intervened.
Specifically, a broken refrigerator.
Did it have to die during the pandemic?

I guess it was a good thing that I was home and recognized that my food was not feeling or tasting as cold as it should.
Luckily, the apartment maintenance staff came right away.

It's hard to do social distancing when someone is helping you save a fridge and freezer full of food. 
But it had to be done. 

In the end, I did nearly everything I wanted to do.
I just didn't get to vacuum or walk.
Not bad, considering.
And now I have a clean, new refrigerator with nicely organized food.

librarianintx



No comments: