Friday, March 01, 2024

Day One: A Month of Birthday Gratitude

Let's see if I can actually blog EVERY DAY for an ENTIRE MONTH!

Each day will be about a different reason why I'm grateful. 

I'm writing about whatever I want on whatever day I want.

Placement is not indicative of importance. 

I'm grateful for everything and everyone that I write about. 

March 1st: I am grateful for my friends. 

I am grateful to HAVE friends. 

Past, present, and future friends. 

I have had SO many wonderful opportunities and made such amazing memories with friends. 

My social life was restricted by illness in high school, so most of my time with friends was in college, grad school, and as an adult. Although I do remember afternoons at the mall in junior high. :)

Examples (by no means an exhaustive list): 

Dorm life 

Late night food runs

Disability advocacy / sit ins 

Abilities Expo

Jewelry shows

shopping, Starbucks, Seasons 52 and Escalante, Ooh La La

Ms. Wheelchair Texas galas

Renaissance Festivals

Chinese food dinners and patio lunches

Movies, tv and sci fi shows

Drag Race - on TV and in person

Valley Girls

Celebrating holidays

Concerts - Def Leppard, Lady Gaga, Elton John, Cher, Culture Club, Erasure, James Taylor, Indigo Girls, American Idol, Fleetwood Mac, Jackson Browne...

Musicals and plays

Men's Chorus and Chorus Austin

Sunday night tacos and tater tots 

San Antonio zoo

The Elephant Preserve

Fossil Rim

Wildseed Farms

Fredericksburg

LBJ Ranch

House parties and house concerts

Clubbing and Magnolia or Kerbey Lane at 4 am

two weekends in Galveston

cats, dogs, and "The Rat Mansion"

Goat and puppy yoga

Museums - San Antonio, Houston, Austin

Wildflower sightseeing 

ATX Festival

Thank you to all my friends. 

I look forward to lots more memories. 

librarianintx



No comments: