Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Day 12: A Month of Birthday Gratitude

This one is going to be controversial to some. 

I am grateful for medication.

I am not going to spend this blog post talking about all the medicines I take and how they help me. 

I do feel fortunate that I don't have to take a lot of medication at this stage of my life. 

But I do want to mention two medicines. 

Hormone replacement therapy

And anti-anxiety medication.

Yup - controversial.

But I'll make it simple. 

They work for me. 

They are helping me.

And I am very grateful. 

Will HRT give me cancer? 

I don't know. 

If I have to go off the anti-anxiety medicine, will I have side effects? 

I don't know. 

Deciding to take these medicines is a choice that everyone must make for themselves. 

Sadly, they don't work for everyone. 

Some people have terrible side effects and have to stop them.

All I can say is that I am grateful they are working for me for now, and I hope they continue to. 

Anxiety has been such a burden for so much of my life. 

I'm not cured. 

But I am so better than I ever thought I would be. 

Mindfulness...living in the present moment...not in the past or in the future...that is what I am learning to do. 

librarianintx



No comments: