Thursday, March 14, 2024

Day 13: A Month of Birthday Gratitude

Today I am feeling grateful for my ability to exercise.

I never thought I would get to a place where exercise actually feels good. 

But when I am doing squats, or walking (either in place inside or outside in the apartment complex) and those endorphins kick in...wow. 

I feel very lucky for all I can do, given my age and disability. 

And I keep trying to do things that are hard for me, like getting up from the floor. 

And working on my balance. 

Even with the endorphins, exercise can be tough. 

I distract myself by watching a show on my phone. 

Or listening to music. 

Lately I've been playing "Song Quiz" with Alexa while I exercise. 

I am trying to do as much as I can for long as I can, without overdoing.

It's all about balance - literally and figuratively. 

librarianintx

No comments: