Thursday, March 21, 2024

Day 20: A Month of Birthday Gratitude

Time to introduce a few medical devices.

This is Poppy.

I started using her in the fall of 2022.

She is a petite rollator, for petite people like me.

The small ones come in prettier colors.

She gets compliments from passengers and drivers on Metro Access.

Yes I named her.

Some people with disabilities will disapprove of that. 

It works for me.

I wanted a cheerful name for her.

Because having her and using her isn't something to be upset about for me.

She makes me feel more comfortable and confident in walking. 

Less afraid of falling.

I feel more stable when I use her.

The transition has been surprisingly easy.

I choose not to think about the ableism and ageism our society places on the use of rollators.

She helps me.

I am grateful for her.

I am grateful to the friends who bought her for me.

The end.
librarianintx 

No comments: