Sunday, October 01, 2023

tWitch Remembered

Stephen "tWitch" Boss would have celebrated his 41st birthday yesterday. 

He died by suicide earlier this year.

I met tWitch briefly after a So You Think You Can Dance tour performance in Austin. But I didn't know him. He was a celebrity I watched on television. He was always smiling, always laughing,  always dancing. He had a beautiful wife and three precious children. From my vantage point, he had the perfect life: fame, fortune, love, health.

I was gutted when I learned of his death. I still am. How could someone who had a seemingly perfect existence choose to end it? 

In the beginning I wondered if there was some dark secret he was hiding from everyone. Financial problems? Guilt over infedility? Something from the past he didn't want to surface?

Any of that is possible. But I realized the reason could be simple and heartbreaking: tWitch may have suffered from imposter syndrome. He had family, friends, and fans around the world who adored him. I never heard anyone say a bad word about him. But he didn't feel worthy. He didn't feel deserving of love and respect. He was in too much pain. He couldn't stay.

Having people in your life who care about you and support is very important. Everyone needs that.

AND - 

Love yourself.

Believe in your worth.

Know you are here for a reason.

We miss you tWitch.

librarianintx 

No comments: