Monday, October 23, 2023

"Be On Time Chronicles" - Dressed and Ready...


Monday morning.

And all was well. 

Until it wasn't.

I showered, dressed, took my medicine, did my skin care routine, even had time to make my bed and choose a bracelet.

I was outside at the appointed time. It was raining, so I put on my waterproof  jacket and dodged the drops and mosquitos for the required 30 minutes. 

No ride. 

At 8:35, I began my search for the truth.

I was transferred and put on hold three times. 

WHAT WAS HAPPENING?!

Was my ride still coming?

Was I no-showed?

Was my ride cancelled? 

Did my time change? 

At 8:55, I was finally informed.

When I learned that my intended vehicle had been involved in an accident, my attitude changed. I felt bad for the driver and passengers, and hoped everyone was okay. Since I had a meeting at 10, I decided to work from home rather than wait longer for a replacement ride. I was grateful for the ability to work remotely. Yes, it was frustrating to get ready and then not be able to go to the office. Inconvenience is annoying. But I was safe. I have understanding supervisors. I could salvage the day. I still had the opportunity to be productive. 

Focus on the good. 

librarianintx

No comments: