Monday, October 30, 2023

Gloves

In typical Texas fashion, we went from the Hell's Front Porch of summer to Old Man winter seemingly overnight.

Saturday was sunny and steamy.
By Sunday afternoon, we were measuring temps by wind chills.

Stop laughing Northern states!

Anyway, Sunday night I pulled out my corduroy pants, fleece jacket, fuzzy socks, and overcoat. I was as prepared as I could be. Yes, I have a winter cap, but I was going to work, so hat hair was not an option.

But I was missing one item.
Gloves

Who cares? Snorts the Northern states. You'll only be outside for a minute. Just put your hands in your pockets. You'll be fine.

Nope.
Cold and windy hits my extremities immediately. 

I stayed up past my bedtime looking for my gloves. 
I know I have four pairs.
But where?

Not in the front closet.
Or in my closet.
Not in a drawer.

Of course I wasn't smart enough to leave a pair in my coat pocket.

Well, I thought, sounds crazy, but I'll wear socks on my hands if I have to.

Anything to avoid that bone-chilling feeling.

So with that plan in place I snuggled into my warm bed.

As I drifted off to sleep, I remembered!

My gloves are in a box on the desk in the living room. Hooray!

So today I am grateful for gloves, warm clothes, and a bus with heat.

librarianintx 

No comments: