Friday, November 03, 2023

"Dancing with the Stars" Motown Nite

The first winner of Motown Nite IMO (In My Opinion) was the music. I love Motown music! 

The other three winners were my top 3 of the competition this season: Jason, Ariana, and Xotichl.

Jason and Daniella danced a Jive to the Contours hit "Do You Love Me?" Bruno proclaimed it looked like a scene from a movie. I think it looked like a deleted scene from "Dirty Dancing." Everything about the performance was so spot on. Jason said he was exhausted in rehearsals, but in the live show he had just the right amount of energy. He was so light on his feet; he made the dance look effortless. The musicality and personality was off the chart. It was a perfect song choice for a Jive. And there was plenty of Jive content too.

My second favorite dance of the night was Ariana and Pasha's Quickstep to the Supreme's hit "You Can't Hurry Love." Ariana rocked it! The dance was indeed quick, and they made it look easy. They covered the entire floor. I loved all the flourishes and personality, Ariana flirting with the audience. Her costume and hair were perfection as well. Style and flair!

Coming in an extremely close third was Xochitl and Val's Foxtrot to Mary Well's "My Guy." I am SO impressed with Xochitl! Seventeen years old, but she danced that routine with such sophistication and panache, plus a boatload of personality. She has nailed every dance so far in my opinion. Even the wardrobe malfunction didn't faze her. This performance was like musical theater, Old Hollywood style. Last week Rita Moreno...this week Rita Hayworth? I don't know about Val, but Xochitl definitely has "hella riz"!

Tyson and Jenna were eliminated. Tyson has struggled, but I think it should have been Maurico or Harry. 

librarianintx


No comments: