Sunday, September 10, 2017

Project Runway recap - Heidi Klum's Intimate Sleepwear Collection challenge

In this challenge, the designers had a sleepover on the top floor of the Empire State Building (!) and then had to design sleepwear for Heidi Klum's Intimate Sleepwear Collection.

The contestants are always nervous to design for Heidi. She is a tough client. The twins were also very anxious about the elevator ride in the Empire State Building. For once I can relate to them. I don't like heights or elevators.

But they still annoy me.
This episode was no exception.
They are also still grating on the nerves of the other designers.
In addition to their constant talking and breakdowns, they also tag teamed on both of their garments, which many of the designers feel is unfair.

My brief thoughts on this episode's designs:
Amy - hospital gown
Brandon - comfy
Margarita - very nice pj's
Claire - sexy, flirty, I liked the bold color, but is it a garment that would stay on in bed?
Batani - very sexy, flowy, very pretty color
Michael - fashion-forward, excellent construction, the garment looked great on his model, I loved the straps, garment would look good on anyone I think
Deyonte - pretty color, but his model was too covered up
Aaron - very drab
Ayana - I don't like the colors together; her model was also too covered up
Shawn - really well-made, flows well, I think her textile was lovely, her model looked sexy and flirty
Kenya - I liked the colors and I can see that she has talent, but there were obvious construction issues, and she didn't listen to Tim and Heidi's workroom critique
Kentaro - the textile was cute but his garment looked like a dress
Samantha - I really liked the blue and cream color, but her garment also didn't look like sleepwear

My top looks: Batani, Michael, Shawn
My bottom looks: Amy, Kenya, Aaron

the judges' six:
Aaron
Kentaro
Michael
Deyonte
Shawn
Kenya

The judges' top looks: Kentaro, Michael, and Shawn
The judges' bottom looks: Aaron, Deyonte, and Kenya

My pick to win: Michael
My pick to go home: Aaron

The winner of this competition: Michael
Who went home: Deyonte

Michael was the clear winner this week. His nightie would be both comfortable and sexy for women of all body types. It was also very fashionable.

Even though Aaron was my pick to clean up his work space, I understand why the judges chose Deyonte. He may have won the first challenge, but he's been in the bottom for the past two weeks, and the judges have serious questions about his taste level and construction ability.

librarianintx

No comments: