Friday, September 08, 2017

"Be on Time" Chronicles entry 9/8/17

Para-transit encompasses much more than being on time.

You also have to deal with all kinds of people - drivers and fellow passengers.

Friday morning
End of a long week
Actually, it was only a four day work week
But it felt longer
Passenger was talking from the moment I climbed into the van.
A barrage of questions
Constant suggestions
Personal stories
Information that I did not want or need to know
Especially at that time of the morning
And by someone I have never met
But she was friendly
Sweet
She hugged the driver as she exited the vehicle
Thanked her profusely
It's not her fault I'm an introvert
And not a morning person
She was miles better than the woman I rode with on Tuesday afternoon
She griped from the moment the van door was opened for her
She yelled at the driver and threatened to report him for the way he weaved through traffic
I agreed with her assessment of his driving
I did not agree with her tone and manner of divulging her thoughts

So if given a choice, I'll take chatty but cheerful over cranky, bitter, but overall quieter.
Not that I have a choice

A note: I rarely have an issue with a para-transit driver. This was an isolated incident. The majority are safe drivers. And there are cameras in every vehicle for the protection of both drivers and clients. 

librarianintx

No comments: