Monday, September 18, 2017

Project Runway Recap: Good vs Evil

For this challenge, Michael, as the winner of last week's runway, decided who would make a "good" look and who would design an "evil" look.

He split up the twins! But they still ended up helping each other. Of course.

My quick critiques:

Michael - regal, sexy, I love the neckline, the headpiece, and the fabric - showstopper!!
Aaron - disaster, craft project, unfinished, mess
Kenya - Usually I don't like those bell sleeves, but the garment so well made, so flattering, so sexy even though she was covered up - I loved it.
Batani - very well made, fits the model great, I liked the lace
Margarita - SEXY! QUEEN! Stunning!
Claire - more for the bedroom than an evening look
Shawn - sexy, and I really liked the styling too
Brandon - sort of interesting, but no, looks like a napkin
Kentaro - nice draping, lovely silhouette, but a bit drab
Ayana - I liked the fitted top, but there was too much going on with the bottom, and why did she pair that outfit with red shoes?
Amy - looks like a negligee with a huge wrap
Samantha - not interesting or flattering

My top designers: Michael, Batani, Margarita, Shawn, Kenya
My bottom designers: Aaron, Brandon, Amy, Ayana, Claire

The Judges' Six:
Kenya
Aaron
Brandon
Claire
Samantha
Michael

The judges put Kenya, Brandon, and Michael in the top, and Aaron, Claire, and Samantha in the bottom.

Who do I think should have won this challenge? A very hard decision, because I seriously loved Michael's, Kenya's, and Margarita's, and I can't choose between them. But if I have to go with one...I really can't! :) Okay, I'll say Michael. But if Margarita had been one of the judges' top picks, I would have said her. But Kenya's look was killer too.

Who do I think should have been eliminated? Aaron. No waffling there. Clearly the worst of the week.

The winner of the challenge was Brandon. I am absolutely shaking my head over that. Brandon's look was a chic, well-made, expensive evening look? Really? I'm sorry, I just don't... Brandon won over Michael...Kenya...Margarita...Batani...Shawn...how?!?!

The designer who went home was Aaron. No surprise there.

librarianintx

No comments: