Wednesday, February 15, 2023

"Be on Time Chronicles"

After yet another mix-up where I was no-showed because the driver was at the loading dock and I was in front, but luckily he found me so I didn't have to wait for another ride, we dropped off a passenger at the Regal Cinema on Stonelake Blvd. There were maybe four cars in the parking lot. A little strange, but it was an odd time of day, plus COVID maybe, so...

But then we exited the parking lot on to Stonelake Blvd, and there were no cars on Stonelake. Zero. The street was empty in both directions. No people walking either.

"Wow, this is kinda weird," I said.

"Yeah," said the driver. "Did the rapture happen, and we got left behind?"

We were both relieved to see the usual traffic when we got to the light at 183.

:)
librarianintx 

No comments: