Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thirty Day Writing Challenge: Two Phrases that Make Me Laugh

When I was growing up, my father had two nicknames that he used - I think they were both for me but I can't remember for sure. Maybe one was for me and one was for my sister. But after he died when I was nine I remember my mom continuing to use one of the nicknames for me. Both of the nicknames totally cracked me up every time they used them, and they still bring a smile to my face. I don't know how he came up with them, but they are really funny. The nicknames were "Tandelea Schwartzcup" and "Geraldine McBoing Boing"

:)

My mom continued to use the nickname "Tandelea Schwartzcup" after he died. I don't know why that's the one that persisted. Up until the age of seven I had long, curly hair that I usually wore in pigtails, or "doggy tails" as my mom called them. So maybe my hair was how my dad came up with the nickname "Geraldine McBoing Boing."

librarianintx

No comments: