Tuesday, May 09, 2017

DWTS Trios Nite Recap Part 2

Round Two: Trios (The judges choose the trios)
Rashad / Emma / Whitney
Argentine Tango
This was a cool remix of a Fleetwood Mac song - dark, erotic, and brooding. Rashad had his hands full with Emma and Whitney (literally!) but I think he coped very well. Lots of lifts, gancho kicks, spins, and I liked how they all ended up on the floor at the end. Sexy. I would very much like to be part of a Rashad trio. :) Hot summer night indeed. *wiggling eyebrows*
Len: "full of passion - but work on your footwork!"
Julianne: "loved the different dynamics"
Bruno: "erotic chain reaction - you handled two better than one!"
Carrie Ann: "your best dance"
Scores: 10, 9, 10, 10
My score: 9 (almost a 10!)

Normani / Val / Alan
Jive
How fun and sexy was that routine!? Holy cow - off the charts sexy!
What a dynamic performance - and Normani more than held her own against Val and Alan. Sexy doesn't even begin to describe that dance - few routines have showed that much skin. Family show? Okay. Two men with their shirts off, and the woman in a bra, daisy duke shorts, and boots - I LOVED every second of this routine, and I don't usually care for country-themed anything. The performance was fast and tight, then slow and loose, then fast again. Len didn't care for the part when Normani was dancing on the judges' table, but I did! Yee haw!!
That was HOT HOT HOT!
Dance of the night by a mile!
Julianne: "Normani owned the stage"
Bruno: "glorious all-American Jive" (okay, I expected more out of Bruno after that routine) :)
Carrie Ann: "You are an incredible actress"
Len: "loved the contrast from the first dance"
Scores: "10, 9, 10, 10" (Really, Len? C'mon!!)
My score: 10 (!!)

Bonner / Sharna / Britt
Jazz
Not as technically good or as fun or as sexy as the previous routine, not by a long shot, but I was entertained. Bonner looked like he was enjoying himself, which was nice to see after the rather dismal first performance. He actually had a little bounce going on. I liked the story line and the money flying around. It was a cute routine. Bonner got a little mojo back. Good for him.
Bruno: "Wolf of Wall Street"
Carrie Ann: "kind of raunchy - Bonner needed to pop more"
Len: "too raunchy"
Julianne: "America liked it"
Scores: 7, 7, 7, 7
My score: 8

Simone / Sasha/ Brittany
Paso Doble
Simone has looked beautiful in both routines tonight. She also looked fierce in this dance. It was a tight, sharp, action-packed performance. Visually stunning and technically excellent, but again, I didn't feel much connection or emotion in Simone, and I really need those to love a routine. If she hasn't learned to connect and emote yet, time might be running out for her.
Carrie Ann: "saw improvement in the emotion"
Len: "you have to lift your game up"
Bruno: "you lost some artistry"
Scores: 9, 9, 9, 9
My score: 9

David / Lindsay / Hayley
Paso Doble
I loved the drama of the routine. I enjoyed the swelling of the music, and the effect of the girls' skirts floating down from above in the beginning. I appreciate David's commitment. He looked as fierce and tough as he possibly could. The routine was dramatic and exciting. David did his best to keep up with his partners.
Len: "it was rough"
Julianne: "you were committed to the character"
Bruno: "you looked like godzilla"
Carrie Ann: "plodding and clumsy"
Scores: 7, 7, 8, 7
My score: 7 (for David's technique. I would give the overall routine an 8)

End of Round Two.

Results:
I held my breath as Bonner & Sharna and Rashad & Emma were announced as the bottom two couples. Please don't let it be Rashad! That would be so unfair! Whew! Thank goodness the right couple was eliminated. You're a good guy, Bonner. Thanks for the steamy moments with Sharna.

librarianintx

No comments: