Wednesday, May 03, 2017

DWTS Hollywood / Movie Nite Recap Part 2

Round Two: The Dance Offs

Simone & Sasha versus Nancy & Artem
Cha Cha
I prefer the dance offs when the couples each have their own time on the floor, not when they are dancing side by side. They did take turns / trade off at times during the dance, but it felt like they didn't always know when it was their turn to step aside and let the other couple dance solo, so it felt awkward at times. I thought both couples did good routines, but overall Simone and Sasha were better. Simone looked remarkably comfortable with being sexy. I think her competitive drive came out against a fellow Olympic medalist. Simone looked like she wanted it more and went for it for more; I think Nancy felt a little intimidated and danced a little careful.
All the judges voted for Simone & Sasha, and America did too.

Rashad & Emma versus David & Lindsay
Jive
There was no real contest here; it wasn't a fair fight. Rashad has so much musicality. His bounce, kicks, and flicks were excellent. David gave it his best shot, but he just couldn't keep up. Still, he does have a sexy move or two in his repertoire. It wasn't a blowout, but Rashad was the clear winner.
All of the judges voted for Rashad & Emma, and America did too.

Bonner & Sharna versus Nick & Peta
Rumba
All I can say is that those ladies worked it for their men. They definitely shouldered the responsibility in those routines. The guys were ornaments. Which is pretty much what a guy is in a Rumba. He partners and shows off his woman. But one thing a man needs in a Rumba is hip action, and I didn't see much of that in either Bonner or Nick. Neither one did enough to earn my vote, in all honesty. I guess I'll give it to Nick since it looked like Bonner almost spun Sharna into the other lane and nearly made her fall as well.
The judges fawned over both of them, however. Were we watching the same dances? I'm scratching my head.
Carrie Ann, Len, and Mandy voted for Bonner and Sharna. Bruno gave it to Nick & Peta. The audience sided with the first three judges.

End of Round Two

Elimination:
It was a double elimination, and I am so sad that Nancy & Artem were booted. Sad and angry. She did NOT deserve to be eliminated. I like Nick, but it was his time. It wasn't Nancy's time. I figured I would be disappointed in who went home. All of the men except Rashad deserved to go home, but I didn't think it would be two men who were sent packing. I think David is an awesome person; I adore his personality. I also have respect for Bonner. But neither one of them deserve to be in the competition over Nancy. Still, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Dancing with the Stars is NOT a dance competition. It is a popularity contest. David has his teammates and a lot of Cubs fans voting for him. Bonner's chemistry with Sharna, plus Sharna's popularity on the show has garnered him a lot of votes as well. Nancy is reserved, comes across as slightly aloof, and she struggled with insecurity during the competition. She is a beautiful skater and now she is a beautiful dancer. I wanted her to go further.

librarianintx

No comments: