Tuesday, May 16, 2017

DWTS: The Semi-Finals Recap Part 1

It's the semi-finals, dance fans! Another DWTS season is almost over. 😢

Round One: Judges' Challenge

Normani & Val (Len)
Viennese Waltz
Normani always looks smokin' hot in red, so it's a very good move to put her in that color repeatedly. It was a very cool effect to have the routine in black and white with the only splash of color being that red dress. Quite striking. I also liked the rain effect at the end of the dance.
For me it was a rather different Viennese Waltz, but an excellent one. It was quicker, sharper, less fluid. This was not a romantic Viennese Waltz, but definitely very sexy. It was more of a push/pull, love/hate dance. Much of it was in hold, like Len wanted. I liked it a lot.
Len: "you did make me proud"
Julianne: "concept was beautiful, stunning, but I also saw a stumble"
Bruno: "thriller, killer waltz"
Carrie Ann: "I haven't seen you go wrong - the misstep was tiny"
Scores: 9, 9, 9, 9
My score: 9 (I didn't see the mistake)

David & Lindsay (Julianne)
Foxtrot
In pretty much every season of Dancing with the Stars, there is someone who gets to the semi-finals that just isn't a strong enough dancer. Enough said. David was a little rushed and messy at times, and he still lacks musicality. But I did like the rise and fall at the beginning of the routine. The dance had charm and personality, but needed refinement. You still gotta love him, though.
Julianne: "you squeezed your lemons! (referring to his butt)" :)
Bruno: "joy to watch - you entertain us"
Carrie Ann: "you gave the judges what we want"
Len: "boy that brings joy"
Scores: 9, 8, 9, 8
My score: 8

Simone & Sasha (Carrie Ann)
Jive
YAAASSS!!!
There she is!!
THAT is the performance we've been waiting for!!
Super sexy outfit, sassy, fun, outgoing, smiling, PERSONALITY!! You did it, Simone! You worked it out! And it was a fast, exciting, content-filled Jive. Grrr to the extra dancers; they were unnecessary and cluttered the stage. I don't understand why they were there. Anyway, way to go Simone! You nailed it!!
Bruno: "little miss perfect is letting it loose!"
Carrie Ann: "warms my heart"
Len: "sharp, precise, personality came out"
Julianne: "embody that sassy character"
Scores: 10, 10, 10, 10 (well deserved!)
My score: 10

Rashad & Emma (Bruno)
Rumba
My chief complaint had nothing to do with the dance. The *bleep bleep* lights were blinding! I couldn't see parts of the routine. But what I did see was beautiful! Stunning lines, outstanding hip action, excellent partnering, sexiness and chemistry oozing out of every movement. Gorgeous. They are awesome. I'm so excited for both of them. I loved this dance. It was not a simple routine, but they made it look effortless.
Carrie Ann: "refinement...elegance...passionate and artistic"
Len: "I liked the light and shade, beautiful fluidity - tremendous dance talent"
Julianne: "You allowed Emma to express herself"
Bruno: "exceeding all expectation"
Scores: 9, 9, 10, 10
My score: 10

End of Round One

End of Part 1

No comments: