Sunday, October 08, 2017

Project Runway: Models as Clients Challenge 9/21/17

Yes, I'm very behind my recaps. Real life has intervened in my blogging life. But I'm still doing the recaps, even though they're late.

Honestly, I'm struggling with these Project Runway recaps. I know that I don't know much about fashion. And it's so hard to know what the judges will and won't like. But my recaps are about what I do and don't like, plus what the judges decide.

As usual, Claire had to rescue Shawn constantly during this episode.

My critiques:
Kentaro - skirt over jeans? I guess that's fashionable
Claire - Where does the jacket end and the shorts begin? Not thrilled with all black...
Ayana - Why the robe? Also the styling was messy. Did she just roll out of bed?
Michael - The look is almost too much, but it is innovative and flattering
Brandon - The judges will probably love it.
Shawn - sporty, sexy, the cut-out shoulders are very in-fashion
Margarita - looks very Miami to me, but is that a good thing or a bad thing? Definitely streetwear. I'm not a fan of mismatched colors
Batani - too much going on for me
Amy - rather boring, not memorable
Samantha - very cute, flirty, a very Samantha garment
Kenya - a well-made outfit, but I don't like the vest - it looks too small

My top looks - Samantha, Michael, Shawn
My bottom looks - Claire, Ayana, Brandon

The Judges' Six:
Claire
Shawn,
Samantha
Kentaro
Kenya
Margarita

Claire, Samantha, and Margarita had the lower scores.
Shawn, Kentaro, and Kenya were the top designers.

Who I thought should win: Michael
Who I thought should go home: Claire

The winner of the challenge was Kentaro.
Samantha was sent home.

What?! Samantha was eliminated with a cute, well-designed dress?! The judges even said it was a well-made garment. They just didn't want to kick out Claire. They want to keep the twins drama-saga around for at least one more week.

librarianintx

No comments: