Wednesday, October 18, 2017

45

I want one day without a presidential scandal. One day without news that he belittled someone, threatened someone, fired someone, made an inappropriate joke about someone, was accused of assaulting someone, showed his ignorance about the position he holds, the list goes on. And on. And on. Even with the most embattled presidents that we have endured during my lifetime, there has never been such a scandal-riddled administration.

He is ignorant. He is a liar. He is a narcissist. He is racist. These are not flimsy accusations. Every single one can be proven when he opens his mouth or sends a tweet.

Here is a short list of people he has flagrantly insulted:
Former presidents
Gold star families
Members of Congress
World leaders
Current and former members of his administration
The former FBI Director
Members of the media
Football players
Hurricane-ravaged citizens of Puerto Rico

Here are just a few of his dangerous ideas / tactics:
Threatening war with North Korea
Threatening war with Iran
Threatening to increase our nuclear arsenal
Threatening to invade Venezuela
Dismantling The Affordable Care Act
Dismantling environmental protections
Threatening to shut down / limit the media

Every day more bad news. Every day he makes a bad decision - with his mouth, his Twitter account, or the stroke of a pen. It is a never ending, vicious cycle. Every single day another shoe drops.

I want it to end. I want to feel safe again, or as safe as possible. I want to have a president and administration that I can respect and feel proud of. I want to believe my president is working hard to promote the values I believe in, that the protection, health, and success of all Americans is utmost in his mind.

I want a different president.
This one is failing.

librarianintx

No comments: