Sunday, October 08, 2017

Project Runway - JC Penny Challenge - Inspired by Menswear 9/28/17

The designers were paired up for this challenge. They each had to create a look that was cohesive with their partner's garment.

My critiques:

Ayana & Michael:
Ayana: Her top still looked like a hospital gown. Overall the look was blah.
Michael: not flattering at all

Kenya & Amy: 
Kenya: The look is well-made, classy, professional, but the judges will likely say it's dowdy
Amy: Her garment definitely looks like something Kenya would make. But the top makes her bust look weird.

Kentaro & Brandon:
Kentaro: cute, sporty, I like the colors
Brandon: the garment is very Brandon, sporty, but sexier than Kentaro's. 
This duo produced the most cohesive collection. 

Claire & Shawn:
Claire: sporty but schizophrenic
Shawn: just okay, bland color, on second look it's worse than I thought, especially in the bust area
This duo produced the least cohesive collection. 

Batani & Margaria
Batani: I like the color a lot. The dress looks expensive but the design is a little plain.
Margarita: very fashionable, unique, the model looks great. I think the color is a little drab, but definitely this is the best garment on the runway in this episode.

My top designers: Margarita & Batani
My bottom designers: Michael & Ayana

The Judges: 
They chose Batani & Margaria  and Kentaro & Brandon as the top designers.
Kenya & Amy and Claire & Shawn received the lowest scores.

My pick to win: Margarita
My pick to go home: Claire

The judges chose Margarita as the winner.
But no one was voted out in this episode. The judges couldn't decide between voting off Claire or Shawn. So they gave them each one hour to create a garment and then they would decide who should go home. Heidi said, "This should go without saying - but you cannot help each other." That sentence translates to: "Shawn is going home." Obviously I know what happens because I'm writing this recap ten days late, but I would have said this ten days ago too. 

librarianintx

No comments: