Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Dancing with the Stars - Guilty Pleasures Nite - 10/2/17

Yep, I'm more than a week behind. A lot going on here. But I'm still writing recaps.

The opening was a fun dance to C&C Music Factory's "Everybody Dance Now."
And yay - no elimination!

Drew Scott & Emma
Argentine Tango
His guilty pleasure is crime shows.
Wow, huge improvement! Way to go Drew! Best dance by him by a mile! I was very impressed by his partnering skills. Good Argentine Tango content, he looked sexy, the dance was slow and seductive but the turns were fast, and he executed a strong and secure over the head lift. I'm amazed!
Len: "same standard - you're on a roll"
Bruno: "You cracked the case!"
Carrie Ann: "You showed everyone how to go first!"
Scores: 8, 7, 8
My score: 8 (!)

Derek Fisher & Sharna
Cha Cha
His guilty pleasure is the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" show.
It was a cute routine. He had some moves, and some musicality, but I would have liked to see more. I also wanted to see more Cha Cha content. But I did enjoy the booty popping. A little more bounce would have been nice. But it was an entertaining routine.
Bruno: "vibrant and colorful, bootylicious"
Carrie Ann: "hitting the ballroom and latin lines"
Len: "Will Smith would have been proud of you, and so am I"
Scores: 7, 7, 7
My score: 7

Victoria Arlen & Val
Quickstep
Her guilty pleasure is the song "Tub Thumping"
The lockers and extra dancers were distracting, but I enjoyed the routine. She had decent speed and frame, and I thought her musicality was quite strong. There was a lightness and a brightness to her step, a bouncy rhythm. It was a fun, happy performance that made me smile.
Carrie Ann: "You're on a path to a 10"
Len: "needed more body contact"
Bruno: "you went for it"
Scores: 8, 7, 7
My score: 8

Vanessa Lachey & Alan (Maks had a personal issue)
Jazz
Her guilty pleasure is being silly with her girlfriends.
Even though Alan wasn't in the routine much, I still felt that there was a lot of content. The lifts were excellent! It was a fun, upbeat routine with a great song. Vanessa was definitely front and center despite the female troupe dancers, and yay for the adorable pink dress!!
Len: "Everybody had fun"
Bruno: "Mommy keeps getting yummier - I absolutely loved it"
Carrie Ann: "two wobbles"
Scores: 7, 8, 8
My score: 8

Nikki Bella & Artem
Viennese Waltz
Her guilty pleasure is "50 Shades of Gray"
HELLO! That was the sexiest Viennese Waltz I've ever seen. Passionate, fiery, seductive, sizzling. It was also a proper Viennese Waltz. Grand, sweeping, beautiful lines, fast turns. Everyone is on their game so far tonight. I'm seeing a lot of improvement!
Bruno: "Kinky Nikki - amazing performance"
Carrie Ann: "risky move - great job"
Len: "not exactly Old Vienna - a tad on the aggressive side"
Scores: 7, 7, 7
My score: 8

Frankie Muniz & Witney
Samba
His guilty pleasure is boy bands.
Of course I loved the music, and it was a cute routine, but I think he needed more hip action. He looked happy and relaxed, but his movements were a little stiff. He didn't have the rhythm and bounce that you need in a Samba. He had the boy band part covered, but not the Samba feel.
Carrie Ann: "You were great at the boy band stuff - Samba not so much - I want more consistency"
Len: "a lot of fun, but Carrie Ann is right"
Bruno: "You passed the audition"
Scores: 7, 7, 7
My score: 7

Lindsey Stirling & Mark
Jive
Her guilty pleasure is being in her pajamas all day.
I love the Jive - it's so fun, energetic, and lively, and this Jive was no exception. Lindsey had excellent musicality, great bounce, strong kicks and flicks, and wonderful chemistry with Mark. The routine checked all the boxes that I look for in a successful Jive. And the performance put a smile on my face.
Len: "lots of Jive content - dance of the season!"
Bruno: "She was never out-danced."
Carrie Ann: "One of my favorite numbers of all time"
Scores: 9, 9, 9
My score: 9

Sasha Pieterse & Gleb
Jazz
Her guilty pleasure is baking.
I hate to be like Len and say there wasn't enough dancing, but here I go - there wasn't enough dancing. It was a cute routine, but it was more of a pantomime of baking set to music. There is very little to critique in this performance because there just wasn't enough dancing.
Bruno: "all the right ingredients, but didn't really come together"
Carrie Ann: "well-executed"
Len: "didn't showcase your ability to dance"
Scores: 7, 6, 6
My score: 6

Nick Lachey & Peta
Jazz
His guilty pleasure is romantic comedies.
Extra dancers - ugh! But the Nick Lachey spunk is back. He had a big smile on his face and I could tell he was working hard. He moved his hips a little, and I saw some musicality. The problem is, he was trying so hard that his movements were often stiff and jerky. He was jumping more than he was dancing. But I have to give him credit for his determination and work ethic.
Carrie Ann: "You're finally having fun."
Len: "concept, confidence, commitment"
Bruno: "you've got your juices flowing"
Scores: 7, 7, 7
My score: 7

Terrell Owens and Cheryl
Salsa
His guilty pleasure is breakdancing.
Frankie's dance had a lot of boy band and a little Samba. Terrell's dance had a good amount of Salsa but not much breakdancing. Which was fine. But the dance was just okay for me. It was rather slow and plodding. The lift was good, but otherwise there wasn't much for me to get excited about. It was just so-so. For me, he doesn't live up to his bravado.  And there were extra dancers. Did you think I wouldn't mention that? Can you see me rolling my eyes and groaning?
Len: "You've come back with a nice mix of Salsa. Not a touchdown, but you're in the end zone."
Bruno: "You had your own style - Cheryl made you look good."
Carrie Ann: "You finally brought it - but there was a boo boo" (I thought Carrie Ann was overly excited about Terrell's performance)
Scores: 7, 7, 7
My score: 7

Jordan Fisher & Lindsay
Charleston
His guilty pleasure is comic books / superheroes.
This as an innovative routine with fantastic musicality. I saw a good amount of Charleston in there. The stage colors and extra dancers were distracting at times, but overall it was a successful, entertaining routine.
Bruno: "mission indescribable - visual flair + action blockbuster"
Carrie Ann: "you're so amazing - you were never lost - always in control"
Len: "virtually no Charleston"
Scores: 9, 7, 9
My score: 8

librarianintx




No comments: