Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Dancing with the Stars recap - Movie Nite - 10/23/17

I'm more than a week behind. I haven't even seen last night's show yet. Hopefully I'll get back on track soon.

Nikki Bella & Artem
Argentine Tango
"Foreign Film"
Sensual, nice leg flicks, but it seemed a bit slow in places, and I think there was a balance issue. But overall a solid routine. She just seemed a little hesitant at times. But yay for Artem's natural hair color! :)
Len: "you have a tenderness about your dancing"
Shania: "so romantic - the language of love"
Bruno: "Argentine Tango with a French touch, elegant, not vulgar"
Carrie Ann: "stunning display of newfound artistry"
Scores: 9, 9, 9, 9
My score: 8

Results already?
Nikki & Artem, Terrell & Cheryl, and Victoria & Val are all in jeopardy.

Drew Scott & Emma
Paso Doble
"Action Movie Hero"
I could tell he was living out his fantasy. And he did a very good job! A Paso needs a lot of attack, and he had that. Normally I would complain about extra dancers, but in this routine he had to have people to fight with. His shapes were good. However, the big spin with Emma was weak and clunky. That would be my only complaint.
Shania: "all the drama was captured"
Bruno: "it was the last hero - but you lost timing"
Carrie Ann: "dance got away from you"
Len: "awkward looking routine, finesse was lacking"
Scores: 7, 7, 9, 7
My score: 9 (Well, at least Shania agreed with me.)

Nick Lachey & Peta
Samba
"Western"
How in the world was that a western, other than the word "west" being a constant lyric in the song? If they thought Drew was awkward, what are they going to say about this routine? Actually, the middle of the dance was decent - he had a bit of rhythm and bounce there. But no musicality in the beginning. I'm sorry Nick. I know how hard you're trying!
Bruno: "post apocalyptic Samba"
Carrie Ann: "nailed the breakdown"
Len: "solo stuff is terrific"
Shania: "lacking confidence, but entertaining"
Scores: 7, 6, 7, 6
My score: 7

Victoria Arlen & Val
Paso Doble
"Sports"
Val said she needed attack, aggression, and strength, and I thought she brought all three. No cutesy Victoria tonight. I loved the song of course, "We Will Rock You," and I even liked the choreography with the extra dancers, which is a rarity for me. She had good speed and great shapes. She looked fierce!
Carrie Ann: "blended the styles, right on par"
Len: "I liked the concept"
Shania: "most innovative hockey game, great athletic energy"
Bruno: "proper Paso"
Scores: 8, 8, 7, 8
My score: 9

Terrell Owens & Cheryl
Jive
"Spy"
The extra dancers were very distracting at times, and so was the spy story - their dancing got interrupted too much. But when they were dancing, Terrell did quite well - nice bounce, strong kicks and flicks, and good musicality. For me, it was his best dance, but I didn't like the stopping and starting. I also have to say, he looked very dapper. :)
Len: "wasn't quite double O heaven, but best dance"
Shania: "determination, in character, attention to detail"
Bruno: "brought down the house, charismatic swagger, becoming a better performer"
Carrie Ann: "smooth operator, hot!"
Scores: 9, 9, 10, 9
My score: 9

Frankie Muniz & Witney
Jazz
"Animated"
The set designers outdid themselves. It was a fun, high energy routine, with a great song to dance to, and Frankie gave it everything he had. I felt a boy band vibe again, which he likes. The extra dancers weren't necessary, but at least Frankie wasn't overshadowed. It was a 60's feel with a hip hop vibe, which was cool.
Shania: "liberated, fancy footwork"
Bruno: "Frozen on acid, psychedelic treat, but lost timing"
Carrie Ann: "entertaining, but with mishaps"
Len: "full of spirit and enthusiasm"
Scores: 7, 8, 8, 8
My score: 9 (I am not in agreement with the judges much in this episode)

Vanessa Lachey & Maks
Quickstep
"Musicals"
A very fast Quickstep! Very musical, very entertaining. Vanessa is a firecracker! She commands the stage, and takes center stage. The chair part was quite un-Quickstep though. Will Len get them on that? Too much out of hold?
Bruno: "theatrical pizzaz - you killed it!"
Carrie Ann: "fantastic performance"
Len: "posture should be better"
Shania: "sass, humor, and class"
(By the way, I didn't realize her skirt ripping off was a wardrobe malfunction until they re-showed it in slow motion. I thought it was part of the routine)
Scores: 9, 9, 9, 9
My score: 9

Jordan & Lindsay
Rumba
"Dramas"
This was a very professional-looking routine with amazeball chemistry. It was both fast and slow at all the right moments. It was endearing. It was romantic. Jordan had the best hip action I've seen in a male contestant on this show, except for maybe Gilles Marini. There was a ton of Rumba content in this routine. It was gorgeous. The end.
Carrie Ann: "like watching taffy, wave of gorgeousness"
Len: "well-crafted, but annoyed by little things" (It's called artistry, Len) :)
Shania: "elegant"
Bruno: "gripping, magnetic storytelling"
Scores: 10, 9, 10, 10
My score: 10

Lindsey & Mark
Argentine Tango
"Sci Fi"
Mark is a creative genius. And Lindsey not only has the most musicality; she's also a very good actress. Her moves were robotic, which was part of the character, but she also had great fluidity for the excellent lifts and tricks. It was an exciting routine, interesting, sensual at times. Something for everyone to enjoy. And like Jordan & Lindsay's performance, it was also a very professional dance.
Len: "choreography was phenomenal, dancing was brilliant"
Shania: "graphic and intense, elegant"
Bruno: "a work of genius, best dance of the season"
Carrie Ann: "upped your game to something phenomenal, you slayed that dance!"
Scores: 10, 10, 10, 10
My score: 10

Results:
Nick & Peta were eliminated. :(
We love you Nick!

librarianintx

No comments: