Monday, October 26, 2020

DWTS Villains Nite (Top 10) Part 1 10/26/20

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I am not a Halloween fan. But here we go...

Jeannie & Brandon
Paso Robles
Wow that was a long routine! Now that there's only 10 contestants, and they probably can't do group dances, I expect the routines will be longer, which is nice. I wish the camera angles would have been as nice. I think she did a good job with the Paso. I like how they covered the floor with the dance. I liked her skirt work, and it was cool when she threw Brandon across the floor. I would have liked to have seen a little more attack, but overall it was a solid performance.
My score: 8
Scores: 8, 9, 8

Johnny & Britt
Viennese Waltz
Johnny is back!! Of course, I didn't think he did that badly last week. But he is definitely back with a vengeance this week. I don't usually think of a Viennese Waltz as full of attack, but this one was, but it was also passionate and beautiful with wonderful musicality. Absolutely stunning!!
My score: 10
Scores: 9, 9, 9

Chrishell & Gleb
Paso Doble
The contestants are really very good this season. This Paso was full of content and attack. She had some very good shaping and lines. I may not be a big fan of Halloween, but I did really like this choreography, it was exciting. And VA VA Voom with her costume!
My score: 9
Scores: 9, 9, 8

Monica & Val
Jazz
GIRL YAAASSS!!!
Derek said it exactly right last week: when the contestant has fun, the audience has fun. And boy howdy, did Monica have fun with that routine!! Wow! That was hot, sizzling, smooth, I did not want that routine to end. I loved everything about it. Her movements were so sharp, and the way they matched perfectly with the music, oh my gosh, it was fantastic! She and Val have such amazing chemistry! That routine was fire! You could tell that Monica was feeling every bit of that character, and communicating it to the audience. So happy for her!
My score: 10
Scores: 7, 8, 7
Were we watching the same dance? I feel so bad for her. I think she thought she nailed it, and I thought she did too.

AJ & Cheryl
Tango
I think it was a strong Tango, but honestly I was a little bored. I think the music had something to do with it. The music was really fast, and at times the dance didn't quite keep up. Plus I think we were all holding our breath to make sure Cheryl didn't hit her head again.
My score: 8
Scores: 9, 8, 9

End of Part 1

librarianintx


No comments: