Monday, October 19, 2020

DWTS Top 11 Part 1 10/19/20

I'm going to try something new tonight since I'm so far behind on my recaps. For the first time I'm going to try recapping directly into blogger, and also using the built-in text-to-speech feature on my phone. Let's see how this goes. Either way, accessibility rocks!

Johnny & Britt
Salsa
The lifts in the routine were really cool and innovative. I was annoyed by the flashing lights, because it makes it hard to see the dancers. But what I was able to see looked good. Johnny was moving his hips and is partnering skills were good. He looked like he was having a blast out there.
My score: 9
Scores: 7, 8, 7

Nev & Jenna
Jazz
What a tease that Nev is! The whole dance I thought he was going to rip his shirt open! Anyway, great routine, very exciting lifts and lots of energy. Almost a top score, but I wanted the flow of movement to be smoother. Fantastic song to dance to!
My score: 9
Scores: 9, 9, 8

Monica & Val
Rumba
First of all, Monica looked STUNNING! Gorgeous dress, hair and makeup were perfect! And that was a beautiful rumba, sexy, graceful, lovely hip action - I'm telling you, Monica & Val could take this competition.
My score: 9
Scores: 9, 9, 9

Skai & Alan
Cha Cha
I thought the costumes were a little odd. I guess Skai was paying homage to Nikki Minaj, but I don't know why Alan was in a zebra jumpsuit. Anyway, oh gosh, I don't know. Skai is a very good dancer. The steps are there. The moves are there. But the feeling wasn't there. I felt like I was watching a robot Barbie. And I think there were a few missteps too. Maybe she's trying too hard?
My score: 8
Scores: 6, 6, 6
Whoa!!

Vernon & Peta
Cha Cha
Tonight we've seen two good dancers falter. With Vernon, I'm just not seeing any growth. He's not a terrible dancer. But he's not much of a dancer. He lets Peta lead him. He doesn't have much timing or musicality. He has a move here or there, but that's not enough to sustain him in this competition.
My score: 7
Scores: 7, 7, 7

Nelly and Daniella
Viennese Waltz
I thought Nelly did pretty well with a ballroom dance, and I think it was his first non Latin dance. The judges may not like his arm movements, but I thought they were kind of nice, as were the turns. I thought the dance kind of fizzled out at the end, but overall it was rather sweet, although also rather simple.
My score: 7
Scores: 8, 8, 8

End of Part 1
librarianintx


No comments: