Friday, October 23, 2020

DWTS Recap Top 11 Part 2 10/19/20

Jeannie & Brandon
Rumba
No tricks, no humor, no sass - simply a beautiful Rumba that was anything but simple. Jeannie looked STUNNING, and there was a tender vulnerability to her performance that mirrored her backstory, but her moves were nuanced, sensual, and on point. Gorgeous choreography by Brendon. 
My score: 9
Scores: They didn't show her scores!! WTH? I only know she got a 25, so I'm assuming 8's from Carrie Ann and Derek and a 9 from Bruno 

AJ & Cheryl
Samba
Not to take anything away from AJ, but I think that song could get a lot of people moving on a dance floor. AJ did get the party started. His movements were sharp and clean; he was down and dirty like a Samba should be. I liked the shoulder moves, but maybe the judges won't.
My score: 9
Scores: 9, 9, 9

Chrishell & Gleb
Contemporary
The passion and musicality were absolutely wonderful in this routine, but what stood out the most was the trust in this partnership - the lifts, the rollover, and especially the leap off the stairs. Chrishell is a lovely dancer and I have appreciated how much she has shared of her life with the audience.
My score: 9
Scores: 8, 8, 8

Kaitlyn & Artem
Samba
Kaitlyn's Samba was likely better than AJ's on a technical level, but I enjoyed AJ's more, maybe because of the song. Plus I was distracted by Artem's tight, somewhat high water pants. Anyway, Kaitlyn had the look of a Latin ballroom dancer, with her long hair and sexy dress, and there was a good amount of Samba content.
My score: 9
Scores: 9, 9, 9

Justina & Sasha
Viennese Waltz
To me she is still a front-runner, even though she doesn't get the highest scores. This was a beautiful Waltz. Although I didn't love her outfit, I think the skirt made her turns look even better than they already were. It was an elegant, sophisticated dance. 
My score: 9
Scores: 9, 9, 9

Bottom 2
Johnny & Britt
Vernon & Peta
WTH, Johnny?!?!
Thank goodness the judges saved him and Britt. And by judges I mean Derek and Bruno. Shake it off Johnny! Come back strong!

librarianintx

No comments: