Saturday, October 24, 2020

DWTS 80's Nite Recap (Top 12)

 

Justina & Sasha
Jazz
So great! I LOVE her! That is a very energetic song, and she kept up the pace! She has such good musicality - loved the choreography, all the flash dance elements, and the water at the end - plus her spitting it out - pure comedy!
Sasha's outfit - SO Richard Simmons!
My score: 8
Scores: 8, 8, 8

Jesse & Sharna
Tango
I'm sorry, he's just not a dancer. That was so robotic. There was no musicality, no connection to the awesome Tears for the Fears song, or to the dance, or to Sharna. I didn't feel a darn thing. His sexy look and smile at the end were the one redeeming thing.
My score: 6
Scores: 7, 6, 6

Chrishell & Gleb
Cha Cha
NKOTB
Really cute. She was so excited to dance to a NKOTB song. Her timing wasn't the best, but she and Gleb have mad chemistry. I liked how they worked the NKOTB steps in, but the Cha Cha elements were very basic.
My score: 7
Scores: 6, 6, 7
Her reaction to the video was something every fan girl understands

Jeannie & Brandon
Jazz
Madonna "Like a Virgin"
Jeannie is back! What a fun routine! Her look was on point, her moves were sharp, and the tricks were super exciting. I know she's pretty tiny, but Brandon's above the head lift was still impressive. Loved it! If she had rolled around on the floor I might have given her a 10.
My score: 9
Scores: 8,8,8

Monica & Val
Tango
Tainted Love
Pow! Take that, bottom two!! Absolutely loved the intensity and passion in that dance! The choreography was perfect with the song. I still think this is a couple to watch. Monica is not someone who settles for average. She is a fighter.
My score: 8 (almost 9)
Scores: 9,9,8

AJ McLean & Cheryl
Waltz
Journey Open Arms
I thought maybe there was an odd step or two, but overall it was lovely - light, airy, and made more exciting by some excellent camera work. I agree with Derek - at least some of the dancers are covering the floor more, which I like. The end with the crown and tiara were precious
My score: 8
Scores: 8,8,8
 
Skai & Alan
Jazz
The Power of Love - Huey Lewis
Again, she's a tiny little thing, so that makes lifts easier, but they were still exciting, but I also thought they could have been cleaner. She has great energy and really sparkles, but I think they could have done even more with that routine.
My score: 8 
Scores: 8, 8, 8

Vernon & Peta
Tango
Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer
Not terrible, but kind of sloppy. Monica's was much better. This lacked precision and musicality. He was a little robotic at times.
My score: 7
Scores: 7, 7, 7
He does look like Ashford!

Kaitlyn & Artem
Tango
Tiffany 
Odd song choice and styling for a Tango and the B-boy elements at the end were so out of place with the style of the dance - I don't know. She was good but not as good this week. She seemed a little off.
My score: 8
Scores: 9, 9, 9
Am I becoming Len?

Nelly and Daniella
Samba
El Debarge - Rhythm of the Night
Yes Nelly! I saw improvement! He got those hips going! Wasn't as down and dirty as he needed to be, I still want him to have more fluidity and musicality, but he's getting there!
My score: 8
Scores: 8,8,8

Johnny & Britt
Contemporary
Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
Okay, the lighting was horrible - I couldn't see part of the routine. But what I did see was lovely. They had good connection and Johnny's partnering skills were strong. The lifts were very nice. My complaint is that for a contemporary piece they were apart quite a bit. But it was lovely. Felt like a skating routine
My score: 8 (almost a 9)
Scores: 10, 10, 9
Happy to be wrong!

Nev & Jenna
Quickstep
Take on Me Aha
Really fun choreography. I love his spirit. For me it was a strong Quickstep, but there wasn't anything unique or especially exciting, but solid.
My score: 8
Scores: 8, 9, 9
 
Bottom 2:
Vernon & Peta
Jesse & Sharna
Eliminated: Jesse & Sharna
For me, that was the right bottom two, and it was time for Jesse to go. 
 
librarianintx 
 

No comments: