Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Eleven Foods that Boost Your Bone Strength and Joint Health

www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/11-foods-II-bone-181500160.html.

In case you don't want to click on the link, here's the list:

tumeric

bone broth

prunes

fortified milk

tofu

blueberries

bell peppers

sweet potatoes

bok choy

mushrooms 

sardines

I drink milk and eat blueberries almost every day. I like mushrooms and tofu and will endeavor to eat them more often. I've never tried bok choy. I prefer red potatoes to sweet potatoes, but I don't dislike sweet potatoes. Sardines and prunes - I don't see myself eating those two. I have an Instant Pot recipe for bell pepper soup that sounds good. I've read about the health benefits of tumeric, but haven't used it in cooking yet. 

The article also mentioned what vitamins are important for strong bones and healthy joints:

Calcium

Vitamin D

Collagen

Vitamin C

Omega-3

Magnesium

Vitamin K

librarianintx

No comments: