Sunday, September 18, 2022

The Challenge USA Finale - My Thoughts

I don't think I've ever watched The Challenge before.

I was intrigued because the show includes contestants from Survivor and Big Brother.

Man, those challenges are bananas!! They look so difficult, and dangerous. It's interesting that the challenges include mental components like arithmetic, puzzles, spelling, and trivia.

The finale was especially grueling. I was very surprised that after dominating the game, Tyson didn't finish. I understand that he gave up when he knew Danny was going to win, but I thought he would still want to complete the course. 

I can kind of understand Andrea's decision to skip a challenge, but I do think it was the right decision to kick her out. It would not have been fair to the others that she got a full night's sleep in a warm tent, while the others labored in the cold late into the night.

I like Danny and I was very happy to witness his triumph. Sarah is not my favorite person, but I have to say, I was impressed with her "don't quit" attitude. She thought she was in last place, that she had no chance of winning, but she was determined to finish anyway. She battled the cold and exhaustion and her frustration with the puzzles. It was fun to watch her find out that she was the only woman and the second person to finish. She refused to give up, and her tenacity paid off.

librarianintx 

No comments: