Thursday, February 03, 2022

Winter Weather 2022

I am as prepared as I can be this time.

Food and drinking water - but no panic buying

Filled the bathtub

Have flashlights, batteries, and a lantern that can also charge my phone.

Winter Storm 2021 PTSD is real.

Some people in the state suffered greatly.
Some died.
Some were only inconvenienced.
But nearly everyone has a story to tell.
No electricity
No heat
No water
Grocery stores closed, or open with bare shelves
Restaurants and fast food places closed
Driving hazardous
Government assistance non-existent.

Today I am feeling very grateful.
I have a roof over my head.
I have food and water.
I have heat.
I took a hot shower this morning. 
I can flush my toilet.
I can wash my hands
I can clean my dishes.
I can work from home.
I am safe.

Life is good. 

librarianintx 

No comments: