Monday, November 09, 2020

Dancing with the Stars Icons Nite 11/9/20

Justina & Sasha
Icon: Madonna
Rumba
Interesting fashion choice. Usually the woman is in a flowy dress for a rumba . So that kind of threw me. I think there was good Rumba content, and I think Justina and Sasha have great chemistry. I've been so accustomed to Justina doing more high energy Latin dances, so this was a little slow for me, but I think she did very well. I just found it a tad boring. And Madonna is NEVER boring.
My score: 9
Scores: 8,8,8

Nelly & Daniella
Icon: Tupac
Jazz
I think about what Carrie Ann says, "Don't dance small." That's what Nelly does. He dances small. Careful. He doesn't break loose. He has musicality, but he's not completely feeling the music. Even Daniella seemed to be holding back. Weird. That dance could have been off the chain, but it wasn't. It was just okay. Not memorable. Not exciting. I wanted to say "Wow" and I didn't, except the back flip.
My score: 8
Scores: 8,8,8

AJ & Cheryl
Icon: Freddie Mercury
Viennese Waltz
Um - I think AJ was really off on this one. The beginning was terrible. I don't know what happened, but he was stumbly and really off on timing and rhythm. He did better in the middle part of the dance. Overall, though, I just didn't love the choreography. This was just a miss for me. Love Freddie though. Don't give up AJ.
My score: 7
Scores: 7,8,8

Kaitlyn & Artem
Icon: Britney Spears
Argentine Tango
First of all, Kaitlyn's outfit - wowsa! But as for the dance, it's the continuation of what the judges have said about her - her moves are technically very strong, very precise, but she lacks pop, attack, a wow factor. Britney is a rather weak singer, but she's a great dancer. Her moves pop. She accentuates every move. There is intention, determination. I don't feel that with Kaitlyn. 
My score: 9
Scores: 10, 10, 10
Evidently it's just me....

Johnny & Britt
Icon: Amy Winehouse
Quickstep
Looked like a strong Quickstep to me. Fast, good footwork, they really covered the ballroom. Johnny was definitely feeling the music.
My score: 9
Scores: 10, 10, 10

Skai & Alan
Icon: Janet Jackson
Paso Doble
I wish the lights weren't so blinding, but anyway....
Skai pretty much nailed it, but I would have liked to see just a hair more attack. But she looked fantastic, her shaping was excellent, it was very close to a terrific routine. I could see Alan working her to be forceful, but she was just a bit hesitant.
My score: 9 (almost 10)
Scores: 9, 9, 9

Nev & Jenna
Icon: Elton John
Jive
He is SO good!! What a showman! Nev can do it all - fun, comedy, sexy, maturity - and he makes it all look so easy. That routine looked like it was part of a Broadway musical. Enjoyable, high energy from beginning to end.
My score: 10
Scores: 9, 9, 9

Dance Offs
Nev & Jenna don't have to do the Dance Off

Kaitlyn & Artem v Justina & Sasha
Cha Cha
First of all, not totally fair because of the social distancing, Justina and Sasha were in the back, and Kaitlyn & Artem were in the front. But for the most part the camera captured both couples. I would give the edge to Justina and Sasha because of their energy and Justina's musicality, but the judges will likely say Kaitlyn was technically stronger.
Judges: split decision but Justina and Sasha took it.

Skai & Alan v Nelly & Daniella
Salsa
That was the BEST I have seen Nelly dance all season! Good for him! But Skai was fantastic and she should win. That was very exciting!
Skai & Alan won.

AJ & Cheryl v Johnny & Britt
Jive
SO CLOSE! They were equally great. Very hard to decide, but I would give it to Johnny by a hair. Really super close.
Wow, AJ won!

Bottom 2:
Johnny & Britt and AJ & Cheryl
Eliminated: AJ & Cheryl
Very sad to see AJ go. ☹️

librarianintx

No comments: