Monday, November 16, 2020

Dancing with the Stars Semi-Finals 11/16/20

Double Elimination Nite too.
Here we go

Part 1: Redemption Round

Skai & Alan
Cha Cha
SO good! Way to go Skai! Lots of Cha Cha content! And she looked relaxed and happy. Her steps were precise, but I didn't have the robot Disney princess feeling that I sometimes get with Skai. It wasn't the most exciting routine, but it was clean and strong and well-danced. And they didn't overload the routine with tricks.
My score: 9
Scores: 9, 9, 9

Justina & Sasha
Tango
Between terrible camera angles and absolutely disastrous lighting, I could barely see the dance. I think Sasha stood out more than Justina in this routine, which is not the way a routine should be on this show. She is the competitor. The choreography should be highlighting her and letting her shine as a dancer. I think her frame was good and she displayed some passion and attack, but not as much as Sasha.
My score: 9
Scores: 9, 10, 9
Yay she FINALLY got a 10!!

Johnny & Britt
Salsa
Very strong partnering skills from Johnny, including a unique lift. He had his hips going, but I wanted more. You need to get down and dirty with the Salsa. This was a decent routine. He is a strong dancer and deserves to be in the finals. But it wasn't an outstanding dance.
My score: 9
Scores: 9, 9, 9

Nelly & Daniella
Paso Doble
Dancing with no shirt shouldn't automatically get you a high score. Nelly had some nice shapes, but he needed way more attack in this routine. I don't want to see grinning in a Paso. I don't want to watch his partner doing the hard work to make the routine look good. I want to see fire and passion. I want to see someone who is doing everything in his power to make it to the finals.
My score: 8
Scores: 9, 8, 9

Nev & Jenna
Foxtrot
He had unfortunate competition from overly bright lighting, but Nev overcame it. That was an absolutely delicious dance. I loved how they took their time and made every step purposeful and meaningful, but not at all slow or plodding. It was all about gracefulness, refinement, and maturity. Just gorgeous.
My score: 10
Scores: 10, 10, 10
So deserved!!

Kaitlyn & Artem
Paso Doble
Seemed kind of short. She definitely had more attack than Nelly, but I still wanted to see more. She looked beautiful, and her movements were very precise. Overall a strong routine, but not a wow moment for me.
My score: 9
Scores: 10, 10, 10

End of Part 1
librarianintx

No comments: