Monday, November 23, 2020

Dancing with the Stars Finale Part One 11/23/20

I am only recapping the performances of the finalists.

Before I start, I'll say that Nev should win, and I hope he does win.
I predict that Kaitlyn or Nelly will win.
Overall, it has been a fantastic season. There were at least 6 serious contenders for the Mirrorball trophy: Nev, Kaitlyn, Justina, Johnny, Skai, and Jeanine.

Memorable Dances round:

Kaitlyn & Artem
Argentine Tango
The judges were gaga (hehe) the first time they saw this routine, and I think they will be just as impressed this time. Her frame is impeccable, her movements sharp and precise, and I felt more intention, more determination this time. And her body in that revealing costume is sickening (that's a compliment, by the way)
My score: 10
Scores: 10, 10, 10

Nelly & Daniella
Samba
Interesting that they did not do the Jive, which was hands down his best dance of the season. This was an enjoyable routine - Nelly looked like he was having a blast and he was very relaxed and loose out there. He was grooving and moving his hips, but it didn't look like a Samba to me. It looked more like an R&B feel. And at moments his timing was off.
My score: 9
Score: 9, 9, 9

Nev & Jenna
Paso Doble
Carrie Ann said it perfectly with one word: artist. Nev is an artist. That routine was ablaze with artistry, theatricality, and musicality. He is a showman. Every moment is thought out and intentional and passionate. A masterclass for DWTS competitors.
My score: 10
Scores: 10, 10, 10

Justina & Sasha
Cha Cha
For me, she was a WOW from day one, and just as much of one tonight. She is a natural on that dance floor. So charismatic, so much musicality, she is completely infectious. And that routine was loaded with Cha Cha. She shook everything her Mami gave her, and had a blast doing it. Go Girl!!
My score: 10
Scores: 10, 10, 10

End of Part 1

librarianintx

No comments: