Monday, November 02, 2020

DWTS Double Elimination Nite 11/2

Except it's not double elimination night after all. I feel so bad for Jeannie. I enjoyed her as a contestant, but most of all I hope she is going to be okay. We will miss her in the ballroom.

Kaitlyn & Artem
Jive
Very solid routine! She is back! Good energy, good content, good kicks and flicks - I just wonder if Carrie Ann will ding them for the lift. But otherwise it was a strong routine. There wasn't anything unusual or super wow about it, but it was a good solid Jive.
My score: 9
Scores: 8, 9, 8

Nev & Jenna
Viennese Waltz
I love him! He is so refreshing. He looks both very professional and really joyous when he dances. And he looks like a leading man; he doesn't look like the student. That was a lovely dance. So elegant and refined.
My score: 9
Scores: 9, 9, 9

Justina & Sasha
Samba
Yaaaaasssss! Viva Puerto Rico!! I love that song and I love Justina! Samba is the party dance, and it's often hard for contestants to really create a party atmosphere with their dancing and their energy level, but Justina totally did. And Sasha threw just about every bit of Samba content possible into that routine, even reverse turns, which are so tough. I don't know if she fell at the end, or if that was part of the routine, but she made it look like it was planned, so I'm going to go with that. I absolutely loved it and I did not want it to end. Muy caliente!
My score: 10 (oops Samba rolls, not reverse turns, my bad)
Scores: 9, 9, 9

Nelly & Daniella
Rhumba
By far Nelly's best dance! He came through when he needed to. He looked so handsome, so suave, his hip action was terrific. Daniella still did a lot of the work in the dance, But Nelly was not a passive bystander. He was a strong partner,, and they had wonderful chemistry and musicality. Great job Nelly!
My score: 9
Score: 7, 7, 7

Chrishell & Gleb
Viennese Waltz
Are they together? Seriously, their chemistry is ridiculous! I mean that was like sex in the ballroom. I need a cigarette after that routine. That was some serious passion and fire. How was their technique? I don't care. That routine wasn't about technique. That was all about emotion and connection, and if you didn't feel anything watching that, you must be an Android. Wow! Wow! That is also one of my favorite Rhianna songs.
My score: 10
Scores: 8, 8, 8
They're the judges. They focus on technique. I get to focus on the sexual energy. 😀

Skai & Alan
Salsa
Girl YAAASSS! No Robot Skai tonight! Whoo Whoo! That was both the most relaxed I've ever seen her and the most energetic I've ever seen her. She was feeling and living that song and that routine! Those lifts were sickening too! She is so tiny that Alan look like he was flinging around a rag doll. But I say that in a good way. It was a super exciting routine. I'm not sure how much salsa content there was, but it was awesome to watch.
My score: 10
Scores: 8, 9, 8
I can see their point about too many lifts. But I think the scores are too low tonight.

Johnny & Britt
Foxtrot
It's really petty, but I was terribly distracted by what I consider to be his horrible outfit. Having gotten that off my chest, I will say it was a lovely Foxtrot. I loved the musicality and the grandeur of the routine, the sweep across the floor. I especially loved the end. They have a wonderful partnership and friendship happening.
My score: 9
Scores: 9, 9, 9

AJ McLean & Cheryl
Rhumba
I think AJ has been quite consistent in this competition. For me, he hasn't been the best, but he certainly has not been the worst. I think the song choice was a little unusual. I really liked the song, but it did not seem to fit with a rumba. For the most part, I think it was a solid routine, although the main spin towards the end looked really off to me.
My score: 8
Scores: 8, 8, 8

End of Round One

Relays

Carrie Ann judges a Cha Cha
Nev vs Chrishell vs Nelly
My pick: Nev & Jenna
They looked so professional!
Carrie Ann gave 3 points to Nev, 2 points to Chrishell, and 2 to Nelly

Derek judges a Viennese Waltz
Justina vs Johnny
Okay, sorry, but super unfair here. Johnny & Britt got way more time AND way better parts of the song. Justina & Sasha got the slower parts of the song, and the dance suffered because of it. It was much more obvious in this relay. They should have had the opportunity to dance to the same parts of the song. For this reason I have to give the edge to Johnny and Britt, but this relay dance was really unfair.
Derek gave 2 points to Justina and 3 points to Johnny

Bruno judges a Samba
AJ vs Kaitlyn vs Skai
This is a tough one! I thought they were all great, and equally so! I'll give the edge to Skai & Alan, but just by a smidge.
Bruno gave 3 points to AJ and Kaitlyn and 2 points to Skai

Bottom 2:
Skai & Alan
Chrishell & Gleb
Eliminated: Chrishell & Gleb
So sad. :( 
But it makes me very happy to posting this recap immediately! It only took me how many years to figure out I needed to type directly into Blogger?

librarianintx

No comments: