Monday, November 16, 2020

Dancing with the Stars Semi-Finals Recap Part 2 11/16/20

Justina & Sasha
Contemporary
That was beautiful - light, airy, they made the lifts look effortless. It has been a joy to watch their partnership and her journey unfold.
My score: 9
Scores: 10, 10, 10
Her first perfect score!!!

Skai & Alan
Viennese Waltz
Her frame and movements were so beautiful, and this one of the most emotional performances from Skai. I felt it and I could tell she was feeling it. Gorgeous choreography from Alan. So mature and lush and graceful. I loved every second of it. Skai has had some rough moments and some wonderful moments on this show. This routine was her best for me.
My score: 10
Scores: 10, 10, 10

Johnny & Britt
Jazz
I have so enjoyed their journey as well. I love Johnny and Britt together. Johnny displayed very strong partnering skills in this routine, and they were so in sync. You can tell that Johnny is fighting for his place in the finals.
My score: 10
Scores: 10, 10, 10

Nev & Jenna
Contemporary
This show is known for amazing partnerships, but so many in one season. That routine was absolutely exquisite. Every movement filled with intent and meaning and emotion. Simply stunning. Nev is in it to win it and has been since day one. He is the most consistent dancer across all genres. He excels at all of them.
My score: 10
Scores: 10, 10, 10

Nelly & Daniella
Jive
The preview worked to lower our expectations I think, but for me Nelly coped quite well with the Jive. The song was a Jive classic. Nelly was pretty light on his feet, with good kicks and flicks. Daniella kept the routine simple but with plenty of content, which I think enhanced the effectiveness. I was entertained.
My score: 9
Scores: 10, 10, 10
Are they trying to justify him possibly making it to the finals? I have not skipped ahead, so I don't know. I think it was definitely his best dance, but....

Kaitlyn & Artem
Contemporary
Honestly, I haven't felt much during Kaitlyn's dances this season, and I haven't seen what the judges have seen in her, but I did in this dance. I have to be a little picky and say some of the transitions were not seamless enough for me. But the emotion was definitely there. Beautiful lifts and partnering too. Lovely dance 
My score: 10
Scores: 10, 10, 10
 
Eliminated:
Johnny & Britt
Skai & Alan
So tough. 
Such an amazing season. 
Love them all.

Congrats to the Final Four.

librarianintx

No comments: