Monday, November 21, 2016

Dancing with the Stars Season 23 Semi-Finals Part 1

Wow, it's already time for the semi-finals! The season is almost over (sniff! sniff!)

Round One

James / Sharna
Argentine Tango
WOW! Sharna blindfolded for nearly the entire performance?! Holy cow! That takes incredible balance and composure on her part, and massive partnering skills on his part. And it was a hot dance too. That end pose - with James doing a handstand over Sharna - amazing! That definitely leaves a lasting impression of his skills.
Bruno: "Argentine grand prix!"
But Carrie Ann saw a few wobbles.
Scores: 9, 10, 10

Terra / Sasha
Rumba
Extra dancers for a rumba? Luckily they were only there for the beginning of the routine. It's tough because the rumba is such a sexy dance and there needs to be a lot of contact between the two dancers. I thought they coped very well, and their big hug at the end made me tear up. Terra's hip action was very good. But I was afraid that Carrie Ann would ding them for a lift. She didn't. She just cried. All of the judges praised her hip action.
Julianne: "best dance of the season for you"
Scores: 10, 10, 10 (I'm so excited for them!!)

Jana / Gleb
Quickstep
It was a very cute routine; I loved the pink and white costumes. I thought I saw a few bobbles, mainly on Gleb's part. But I liked how whimsical and fun the dance was. Again, I thought Carrie Ann might accuse them of a lift, but she didn't. Am I seeing lifts that aren't there, or did Carrie Ann not catch them?
Bruno: "proper quickstep"
Scores: 9, 9, 10

Calvin / Lindsay
Tango
The beginning of the routine was super hot. The entire dance was very intense, in fact. This was the most passion and fire that I have seen in Calvin all season. I can tell that he wants to make it to the finale. Unfortunately the speed and intensity caused some glaring mistakes. I think Calvin tried to overcompensate by motoring even more, and I got scared for Lindsay a few times. Whew! The routine got out of control.
Bruno: "such power and determination"
Scores: 8, 9, 9 (poor Calvin!)

Laurie / Val
Foxtrot
Just breathtaking. Incredible speed, power, and grace too. I got choked up thinking about her grandmother and how hard it's been for Laurie this week. Gorgeous dance. And I absolutely adore Val of course.
Bruno: "flying, guided by an angel...stunning"
Scores: 10, 10, 10

End of Part 1

librarianintx

No comments: