Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Dancing with the Stars Season 23 Finale Part 1

I can't believe the season is almost over! Didn't I say that last week too?

Round One: Redemption Dances

Calvin / Lindsay
Viennese Waltz
Calvin has come so far! It was a beautiful dance, but at times I felt there was a pause between transitions - there should have been more of a constant flow to the dance. It felt like they were being a little careful after last week's out of control first dance.
Len: "most improved dancer this season (I agree!)
Carrie Ann cited them for a lift!
Scores: 8, 9, 9, 9 (They did not deserve an 8 for that dance!)

Jana / Gleb
Tango
The lasers were cool but very distracting. It was hard for me to tell if they made any mistakes. I thought I saw a lift (and I was right!) It was a good routine, but unfortunately not especially memorable for me.
Julianne: "took a long time to get off the platform" (I agree)
Len doesn't agree with Carrie Ann taking off points for unintentional lifts.
Scores: 8, 9, 9, 9 (What the hell, Carrie Ann?) 

Laurie / Val
Paso Doble
YAAASSS!
Wow! That was one fierce paso!
Speed, precision, crisp, sharp, passionate - They were both on fire!
Laurie is in it to win it!
And then she grinned and jumped and down like a little girl after. She is 16, after all.
Val wanted her to look like a professional dancer. She did!
I loved it!
Scores: 9, 10, 9, 10 (9's? Really?)

James / Sharna
Foxtrot
Yeah, the best male dancer ever on the show with questionable hip action? Mmmm...
Anyway, a girl with the moniker of "librarianintx" did like the library theme of this dance. The foxtrot really suits James, and this was a quirky, engaging routine. It took them awhile to start dancing, and I think I saw a slip, but overall it was a solid performance.
There was a slip. But Julianne said it was still the perfect foxtrot. (Okay....)
Scores: 9, 9, 9, 10 (It was the perfect foxtrot, but Julianne gave him a 9. Bruno gave him a 10)

End of Part 1

librarianintx

No comments: