Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Dancing with the Stars Season 23 Latin Nite Part 2

Jana / Gleb
Argentine Tango
HELLO!! Killer dancing, great song, little clothing, a bed, a lot of water, and CHEMISTRY! As Erin would say, "YES, PLEASE!" Holy, moly! Paige and Mark danced a super sexy argentine tango last season, and this dance was right up there on the caliente meter. To say that dance was H-O-T is an understatement! We all needed a shower after that routine. A standing "O" from the judges and a "Holy Mackerel" from Tom. Yes, it was all that, and a bag of chips. If people don't pick up the phones and vote for that, there is something wrong in the ballroom.
Scores 10, 10, 10, 10
A perfect score, and I bet a lot of people scored after watching that!

Maureen / Artem
Samba
Extra dancers - ugh!
It was just okay. Not enough hip action, it wasn't down and dirty, it was a safe, careful, sanitized samba. In other words, it didn't feel like much of a samba. I'm sorry, Maureen. I know how bad you want it, and I want you to do well. I agree with Pitbull. She needed to let go. But the other judges were more positive.
Scores: 8, 7, 8, 8

Calvin / Lindsay
Argentine Tango
WOW! I LOVED the song and the outfits! They looked stunning together! The dance was hot, sexy, with some out-of-this-world lifts! Jana and Gleb aren't the only ones with chemistry, dance fans! Calvin made it look so easy. And the judges all agreed that he looked completely in control of that dance, and in control of Lindsay. It all worked for me. Great technique, steamy, excellent dance!! I thought the scores should have been higher.
Scores: 9, 10, 9, 9

Laurie / Val
Salsa
Sixteen years old - what? The spicy Latina worked that salsa! She is FIERCE! Great lifts, tricks, hip action, there was a lot of both partnering and solo dancing in that routine. This dance had it all - the sexiness, speed, and excitement that I want in a latin routine. Fantastic! Carrie Ann said she had a mis-step or two. Um, okay. Whatever. I loved it!
Scores: 9, 9, 9, 10

Overall, it was a very strong Latin Nite. There were enough great routines to make it a fun, successful show. I can't say I'm surprised that Amber went home. I wish she had been able to be more comfortable and wow us on the dance floor.

librarianintx

No comments: